Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall
Not sure if this goes here, but didn't want to start a new topic as I'm a newbie.
I've done a few courses on Future Learn - all free - and they are excellent. The Portus course from Southampton University is still available. The courses can be accessed when one likes. However, the course on Hadrian's Wall is about to start next month so I'm putting the notification here:

I’m looking forward to welcoming you to ‘Hadrian’s Wall: Life on the Roman Frontier’ next month. The course will take place online and will consist of a variety of videos, articles, discussions and quizzes.

The six week course structure looks like this:
Week 1: Welcome to the Wall: An introduction to the Wall, the course and the course team
Week 2: The Roman Army in Britain
Week 3: Frontier communities: Life on the northern frontier from the late 1st to the early 3rd century
Week 4: Ritual, religion and the Roman Wall
Week 5: Conflict, consolidation and renaissance: Life on the Wall in the 3rd and 4th centuries
Week 6: The ending of the Wall

In the meantime, you may find it helpful to:
* Keep an eye on our blog: http://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/numoocs
* Follow us on Twitter - @NCLMOOCS
* Use the hashtag #FLHadrian for any discussions in social networks

There is still time to invite friends and colleagues to enrol on the course and take part alongside you. Having the support of learning with people you know can really enrich the experience of studying online. As a reminder, the course page where they can enrol can be found at: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/hadrians-wall

The course is due to begin on Monday 15 June. We will contact you again a week or so before the course begins, and will also send a welcome note as soon as we have got started.

If you have any queries or feedback in the meantime, I won’t personally be able to field them, but please take a look at FutureLearn’s extensive FAQs.

Best wishes,
Ian Haynes
Professor of Archaeology
Newcastle University

Messages In This Thread
Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall - by Tigger - 05-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall - by Vindex - 05-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall - by Marcellus - 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everyday Life of a Soldier on Hadrian\'s Wall Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 0 1,317 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
  Podcast on Hadrian\'s Wall sculpture mcbishop 0 975 09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mcbishop
  An earful of Hadrian\'s Wall mcbishop 2 977 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Kegluneq