Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subligaculum pattern assistance...
I recently started making a subligaculum, using a prototype of a simple hourglass with ties on the sides...I really wish I'd Googled it first though, because midway though I found this:

Subligaculum pattern...

which looks much better. I still have enough linen handy to try it, however I'm having issues deciphering the pattern even using Babelfish to translate the Spanish. The measurement of C seems simple enough: "C is the value of the waist". They lost me at M though: " the value of the amount M pants (long leg lariat toral less crotch). The measures we have taken up the same pattern loincloth for this drawing.". Also, they show a measurement involving K (2M + K/3 + K24), but it's not explained what K is or where they came up with it.

I know my waist size so I can do that much, however I don't understand where they want you to measure for M, and the significance of K. Any ideas?
-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.

Messages In This Thread
Subligaculum pattern assistance... - by Quintus Claudius Scaevola - 01-31-2014, 02:07 AM
Subligaculum pattern assistance... - by Olaf - 03-04-2014, 02:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subligaculum: A Proud Moment... Hispana\'s Secret... Hibernicus 8 2,883 05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Vitruvius