Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What humanized the Romans for you as a individual?
It was when I stopped seeing history as a school subject, I didn't read anything or see anything, I simply was thinking about it and suddenly I Was amazed at how the changes from Rome to today, technology wise, are not that extreme. Almost all inventions we have today are simply upgrades of the past, the internet is just a faster way of communication, trade, and so on, our modern military is just an upgraded form of the past as well, kevlar instead of lorica, tanks instead of horses, they serve the same purpose, to fight, to communicate, to trade, which means we have a very similar connection to those things, like the Romans would have seen their soldiers, or their roads and forums, that was their internet, their military, they would see it very similar to how we see our internet, our military. Knowing that, how I think and act, may often be very similar to how a Roman would think and act, really got to me.
Andrew S.

Messages In This Thread
What humanized the Romans for you as a individual? - by Andrew - 12-29-2013, 03:35 PM