Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome
Salve!
My name is Travis Horseman. I am the writer/creator of Amiculus: A Secret History, a developing three-part graphic novel series telling a lost history of Rome's fall, seen largely through the eyes of the last western emperor, a 12-year-old boy named Romulus.

This series spans roughly 100 years, from A.D. 445-545, spanning the late Roman/early Byzantine period, yet mainly covering the fateful year of A.D. 476. While solidly based on the accounts of contemporary Roman and Byzantine writers, it takes a bit more of a conspiratorial bent than the official history that has come down to us. Romulus's story is made of vast conspiracies and intimate conflicts, brutal betrayals and loyal sacrifices, final, fiery collapse and new worlds rising from ruin. At the center of it all is AMICULUS, a mysterious cloaked figure manipulating the fates of kings, generals and all of western civilization.

I am currently conducting a campaign to produce the first volume of the series. If this is something that you think would be of interest to your members, you can view the project proposal here:

Amiculus: A Secret History

Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Sincerely,

Travis

Messages In This Thread
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Travis Horseman - 07-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Epictetus - 07-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Narukami - 07-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Conal - 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Novel: East Of Byzantium Narukami 4 1,243 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Graphic Design Forum... Anonymous 0 1,129 02-14-2003, 10:21 PM