Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let\'s build a fort...
Hello everyone,<br>
I had an interesting idea the other day and wanted to run it by everyone to see their reaction. This is primarily for the<br>
re-enactors in the USA and Canada, but if anyone else is interested I'm sure they'd be more than welcome to participate. What my idea is, is to form an organization of Roman re-enactors, fund it through dues, donations, etc, purchase some centrally located land and construct a Roman fort for our use. The type of fort, location of it etc. is something we'd have to talk about, but just think of the possibilities! Especially if large groups of us met for at least an annual event.<br>
While I've always respected the many different groups around the world, and understand why they would choose to<br>
re-enact different legions, perhaps we could create a single legion for this project, and each group would portray it's cohorts. Think about it, if we actually did this, we could field a very impressive number of legionaires!<br>
Now, I know my idea won't be that well recieved by some, and perhaps will actually anger others, but let's discuss this idea and see if it has any merit, before we just dismiss it.<br>
What do the rest of you think?<br>
<p>John Gross<br>
Legio II AVG<br>
Oregon, USA</p><i></i>
John Gross

Messages In This Thread
Let\'s build a fort... - by johnlg3 - 05-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Re: Let\'s build a fort... - by Hibernicus - 05-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Re: Let\'s build a fort... - by Vincula - 05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Re: Let\'s build a fort... - by johnlg3 - 05-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Re: Let\'s build a fort... - by Caius Fabius - 05-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Re: Let\'s build a fort... - by Anonymous - 05-13-2004, 02:10 AM