Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction with an odd question
Tarbicus--Still not having any luck so far in finding a less muscular cuirass, but Google Image Search is suggesting to me that perhaps I might want to try looking at things more on the order of a Greek hoplite. Not so useful for you, unfortunately, but maybe for me. :oops:

Graham--hello fellow Whovian! Seeing as it took them as long as it did to make any sort of Rory figure to begin with I'm not holding out hope for a Centurion Rory figure. Sad

Thanks for the extra info! I've looked up the ESG. I know I tried to contact the costume designer for Who via her agent once (on another costume matter) and received no reply, but I've not tried contacting the BBC costume department in general. I'll have to go look up how to do that.

One more thing--I've contacted a few sites that carry the Hanwei gladius to see if I could purchase the scabbard separately. So far one site has said they can't but that the blade could be blunted since it's made of carbon steel. They have it on closeout for $225 which is more towards the realm of feasibility in terms of price, but I'll still keep searching for more options...

Messages In This Thread
Introduction with an odd question - by Stephanie - 03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Introduction with an odd question - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Introduction with an odd question - by Stephanie - 03-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Introduction with an odd question - by Stephanie - 03-06-2013, 04:15 AM