Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Post and Hamata Supplies Question
Hi There!

Wasn't sure if there was a specific 'Welcome Noobs' section or not so I thought I would roll it into my first post.

With that being said, "Hello." Very impressed with the knowledge on this site. Been studying Roman history fervently for 18 months or so. I am constantly amazed at how sophisticated the Roman culture was and how well it would fit (relatively speaking) in modern times.

I have began my studies with the Late Republic and, of course, Caesar. I wish to make some lorica hamata for an office display (it will ultimately contain a full loadout of a Late Republican legionary). I very much want to make it myself and have located everything necessary and in the correct size and material except for the flat 'solid' rings that make up the '4' of the '4 in 1'. I have searched now for 2 weeks and fired off numerous emails (most not returned) asking armourers the price of loose, 8mm, 16ga, mild steel/galvanized, flattened, welded/punched rings. I cannot find them anywhere! The riveted rings are easy enough to find in the size and dimensions I need but not the flat rings.

Can anybody recommend an alternative or source for these? I have found some tutorials on how to do it but would much rather buy the flat rings already made. Any help is greatly appreciated! The winter is coming fast and I plan for this to be my project.

Thanks so much. Hope I can contribute in the future! Smile

Messages In This Thread
1st Post and Hamata Supplies Question - by Mark Chronister - 11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
1st Post and Hamata Supplies Question - by Doc - 11-18-2012, 12:24 AM