Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperium: Nerone, brand new Release DVD
Quote:</em></strong><hr>a pretty unsavoury critique about its TV release past July (and nobody knew about it???)<hr><br>
<br>
Not me. I don't know that it was aired in the US.<br>
<br>
I can't find the DVD either.<br>
<br>
So they're working on "Titus" now I assume. I wonder how long it takes to film one of these episodes. They seem to film fast (maybe because of the fact that all the sets from "Augustus" are reused in every episode (?).)<br>
<br>
Julius Caesar and Marcus Aurelius have both been similarly treated by Hollywood. Historically, all the Hollywood movies on them both only cover the very last year(s) of their lives (e.g. Cleopatra, Gladiator, Fall of the Roman Empire). We finally got a film on Caesar that's comprehensive in 2003 with Jeremy Sisto and Richard Harris. Now it's Marcus Aurelius' turn .<br>
<br>
I'm most eager to see that episode and the last two episodes since the most neglected part of Roman history by Hollywood is the Late Empire.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=theodosiusthegreat>Theodosius the Great</A> at: 3/5/05 1:26 am<br></i>
Jaime

Messages In This Thread
Re: Imperium: Nerone, brand new Release DVD - by Theodosius the Great - 03-05-2005, 12:23 AM