Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Roman military hero do you admire most?
Hello ALL!!

I am impressed! THANK YOU! I have my research work cut out for me! I really appreciate all of the wonderful suggestions.

Epictetus-Thank you for the kind comment on the helmet! I too, like the idea of Germanicus. It would be a poignant sculpture. Would you add Caligula as a child? Would it include a reference to the alleged murder - poison perhaps?

M. Caecilius-WOW, I am very impressed. Thanks! You have given me quite a few ideas.
Q. Sertorius – The hind element would be very cool!
I love the T. Pullo and L. Vorenus. I didn’t know that they were historical figures.
The Aquilifer is a great idea, too. A water element, if done well, is always interesting in 3d.

Dan Howard- Caesar is a favorite of mine, too. He is getting a lot of votes. Not sure about Emperor Tiberius (throwing Children off cliffs – not good for sales). Or is there another?

Ghostmojo-I like the idea of an architectural bridge element adding context. Do you know their ranks? I could do some research. Scheming Romans? NO!! Smile

Medusa-Are you suggesting the Drusus in the time of Marius? I like him. A very sad story. He was a reformer that was assassinated. Or are you suggesting Nero Drusus?

Vindex- Quintus Petilius Cerealis- I can only find a wiki reference with very little bio. Can you suggest something for me to read?

Gaius Julius Caesar- Geeez, I could have guessed your first choice Smile Marius and Sulla would be fun: a brutish older man and younger arrogant peacock. Nice!

Tita Iuventia Martia-You have some great suggestions. Some are mentioned above, other I will need to research. THANKS!

With so many suggestions, it's hard to narrow it down. I might do a series of Generals/Commanders. Then a series of: An officer, a Centurion, an aquilifer, and a legionnaire. Perhaps even a cavalry piece.

Thanks! - D.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What Roman military hero do you admire most? - by DiAnne Cooper - 10-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Hero\'s arklore70 16 3,309 01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Last Post: tlclark
  Gaius Marcius Rutilus - An Early Roman Hero Anonymous 5 2,477 01-23-2002, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Anonymous