Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of whistles to relay commands in battle
Quote:Macedon and Brent,

It seems there are now three things one does not speak about in public: Religion, Politics and historically uncited assumptions of small unit tactics of the Army of the Roman Republic Big Grin We all heard the quote about how arguing on the internet is like participating in the Special olympics. So now I am back to strictly asking questions cause this "defending your statements" is hard work.

Brent, hope the books work out, would love to read a draft. I am actually doing research on my own novel.

? I do not understand how I have urged you to not discuss theories by simply stating that I would like see this discussion have a thread of its own... :?: :?:

In this forum, suggesting and discussing theories that are not supported by sources is very usual, since most of us are also re-enactors and share ideas, evaluations and other observations that crop up during training and that have nothing to do with the actual sources or archaeological evidence, so know that we do not shun or discourage such theories. They are always a basis for a good, wholesome discussion.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ

Messages In This Thread
Re: Use of whistles to relay commands in battle - by Macedon - 10-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman whistles Caballo 2 2,375 05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Luca
  HBO Roman whistles Conal 2 2,163 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Conal