Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Proceedings of) Congress of Roman Frontier Studies, 1949.
Hi all

There's a publication I'm trying to get my hands on and also trying to form a correct bibliographic citation for. I've found it on a number of websites as, for example, Specialized Bibliographies, Roman Bibliiography, Compiled by Lynn Nelson where it is shown as:

"Congress of Roman Frontier Studies. 1949. Edited by Eric Birley. Durham, North Carolina: University of North Carolina Press, 1952."

Having read further on these Congresses, I found the first was organised by Professor Eric Birley (1906 - 1995) at (then) King's College, Durham University, at Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in July 1949. This makes me think the publication details above are possibly wrong, the American Durham maybe having been assumed somewhere along the line?

I have elsewhere seen the publication details for this work given as "Durham, 1952" or "Durham Univesity: Durham, 1952". However, as far as I can google, Durham University (UK) today doesn't seem to have a Press like Oxford's and a search of the UNC Press site raises nothing by Birley.

Does anyone actually have a copy of this work and is able to reveal its publication details? I'd be most grateful,

Thanks

SPC / Howard
Spurius Papirius Cursor (Howard Russell)
"Life is still worthwhile if you just smile."
(Turner, Parsons, Chaplin)

Messages In This Thread
(Proceedings of) Congress of Roman Frontier Studies, 1949. - by Spurius Papirius Cursor - 11-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gregory's Roman Military Architecture on the Eastern Frontier allobye 0 30 10-15-2023, 02:28 AM
Last Post: allobye
  Roman frontier names Coroticos 16 5,488 07-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Coroticos
  23rd Limes Congress 2015 at Ingolstadt (D) .... Simplex 3 1,721 06-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Simplex