Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Othismos: Classical vs Crowd Theory Othismos
I see you guys are posting in parallel, but I'm going to finish my train of thought here (especially after the blow to the head).

We also tried to stack up and push in stance B. I went in first, and Christian locked up and leaned in on me, and finally Aurora pushed from the rear.

There was no increase of pressure to the shoulder. No shields groaned.

I felt a downward pressure on my hips, and Aurora found it almost impossible to "push" Christian with her aspis, as the angle of his body locked up with me prevented her from getting purchase..

I tried to go back to stance C, but the downward pressure on my hips threatened to break me in half backwards, and we called it on account of safety.

Based on this, the only way I can see to generate forward presusure in a square to fore stance would be to be virtually upright, and leaning in with someone pushing from the rear. This matches up with our best results from Zeus Epoptes (unimpressive though they may have been).

That said, we are planning one last round of experiments on this. We're going to measure the pushing force of 8 people with aspides pushing against a football training sled in file in the classical stance, and then 8 pushing from a "crowd-theory" stance.

Paul, if you would like provide some additional input to how we conduct the experiment you are welcome to!

Have fun!
Cole

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pushing from Classical Sources - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Re: Collective Square to Fore pushing - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Re: Responding to your questions - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 04:12 AM