Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semi-serious questions about reenactment
yeah, I think that is up to the person. I wouldn't allow me doing a soldier impression as I got heavier as I'm (and basically I'm training to get a better shape). I've seen some people doing soldier impressions, who are simply not a soldier and I have to say that that sometimes is annoying to me. But it's up to the persons themself, as they also have modern life. Of course if it is during special phothoshoots or filming I wouldn't allow it in my group (also with tatoos etc). They should be covered up when doing special jobs for magazins or TV. When doing 'normal' re-enactment I don't mind someone having a tatoo, but I wouldn't allow it myself. (and I don't have one, so I'm easy to speak here).

Of course things that can be easily solved should be avoided like glasses. They are just ugly and destroy the picture and there are other options available.

And as a last note I would say that nobody is 'authentic' how hard you try to do it 'as authentic as possible'. Simply because you live in the 21st century, are used to modern thinking, opinion, science, technology, food, etc, ect. You're always a 21st century person portraying an 'historic persona' as best as you can.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Re: Semi-serious questions about reenactment - by Jvrjenivs - 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Re: Semi-serious questions about reenactment - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM