Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participate in Experimental Archaeology :-)
Hi All!
As some of you already know, I am leading a project on experimental archaeology at Augsburg University. We are making a march from sept. 15th to sept. 29th 2010 along the Via Claudia Augusta, from Donauwörth to Füssen. During the march we will make educative visits to schools situated along the road, as well as undertake several archaeological experiments, most of them having to do with objects from the Augsburg-Oberhausen hoard and finds from the Auerberg, all this in cooperation with the University of Regensburg, E. Deschler-Erb (RAT: Helveticus Palatinae) from the University of Zurich, Robert Wimmers / noviolocus, the Roman Museum Augsburg, and, probably, the German Army.

As is usually the case with such university projets, it is a bit underfinanced...

In case you know someone who is willing to support the project or you yourself want to do so, please contact me via pm.

All donors will be listed by name in the final publication.

If you donate more than 100.- € you will receive a free copy of the final publication, personally signed by all participants.

You can also adopt / sponsor a certain experiment, if you are interested in this, please contact me for further detail. If you do adopt an experiment, you will be mentioned in the relevant article in the final publication, appear in the donator´s list, receive a free copy signed by all the participants, plus you will get one of the reconstructions / objects that were relevant for the experiment you adopted.

Would be happy to hear from many of you... ^^

Cheers! Christian
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.

Messages In This Thread
Participate in Experimental Archaeology :-) - by caiusbeerquitius - 03-30-2010, 03:54 PM