Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic from movie "Centurion", what say the experts?
Having seen the film on wednesday, its not... aweful!! but its not that great either, the attempt at equipment was alright..ish, as people have mentioned some flaws, but not bad either! the battle scenes and formations the legions get into are a bit ropy!, rather gory tho, full on decapitations etc.! However the story just TOTALLY lacked substance, i wasnt sure who i was supposed to be rooting for, romans or britians, the legionaries lacked character, we are treated to about an hour of the band of legionaries running around the scottish hillside, however being from scotland i just need to look out my backgarden for this!! also random love story thrown in for good measure?? hmmm... one thing that did bug me and its stupid, when the rider comes to the general of the ninth... saying that agricola is requesting his he marches his LEGION.. singular to beat the picts, the general then says "assemble my legates"... hang on.. is that not you??? i could be totally wrong there, but i'm pretty sure they got the ranks a little bit screwed up!! anyways i wasnt all that impressed, some pretty scenes, i just was a little bored! However went to see Agora last night, totally made up for it! (however the romans are made of cardboard! :| )
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pic from movie "Centurion", what say the experts? - by Lucius Duccius Rufinus - 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM