Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of "Roman Clothing and Fashion" by A.T. Cro
Basically a good contribution to the subject, though I was surprised to see credence still given to the now generally discredited "study" of Nick Fuentes which ridiculously concluded that "Legionaries only wore white tunics". Don't people realize this was just a joke? Nick's comedic jab at his former reenactment group, the Ermine Street Guard, in an attempt to embarrass them because they wore red tunics? Anyone who has studied the primary source material knows that red tunics were commonly worn by soldiers "under arms" from the Republic to end of the Empire. Nick naturally had to leave all of this evidence out for his joke to be effective, but it will be published in my next book, because, unfortunately, the joke has now gone too far. It is amazing how many people took it seriously, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary! <p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
Review of "Roman Clothing and Fashion" by A.T. Cro - by Anonymous - 12-19-2001, 06:56 PM
Re: Review of "Roman Clothing and Fashion" by A.T. - by Anonymous - 01-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Re: Review of "Roman Clothing and Fashion" by A.T. - by Daniel S Peterson - 02-07-2002, 10:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,957 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  Review: Sumner\'s Roman Military Clothing (1) Gregg 19 3,971 01-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Last Post: richsc