Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Praesental Armies
thanks Vortigern Studies,<br>
It was very helpful for me. I know that the period I am trying to construct is later than Notitia Dignitatum, even I am working the around 500 in the time of Anastasius. But still I have to understand notitia dignitatum, since it gives the military command structure.<br>
Actually, still somethig is unclear to me, while you are saying "The Magister Militium per Orientem in turn commanded the field army of the East", in this case I need to understand where exactly the word "east" cover. Is that whole Anatolia and middle east or where?<br>
"Apparently the Comes Orientis commanded most of the Middle East, from southern Turkey to Arabia." thaks you explain here where Orient is. Here do you say that armies in Pamphylia were limitanei? and are they under the comes orientis, who is under the Magister militum Per Orientem?<br>
and additionaly, as far as I understand there is nothing to relate the praesental armies to Pamphylia, right?<br>
The main question is "Are the armies in Pamphylia under the responsibility of Magister Militum per Orientem at the top? and Where is his command region in geographical description?<br>
I will not ask anything about Praetorian Prefecture, which actually confuses me, since I know tha it is not military any more at the period.<br>
thanks <p>QUI DESIDERAT PACEM, PRAEPARET BELLUM!</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=patroos>Patroos</A> at: 3/8/05 3:09 pm<br></i>

Messages In This Thread
Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Jeroen Pelgrom - 03-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Robert Vermaat - 03-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Robert Vermaat - 03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Re: Eastern Praesental Armies - by Anonymous - 03-16-2005, 03:16 AM