Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finished & UPDATED!
Greetings,

One year ago, my group made an important decision to start more activities in the times of the ancient Greece and this is the right time to introduce our current project also outside of the obligatory Greek Military History and & Archeology forum. We are in the process of building a fully functional ancient greek bireme, which will be capable of river and off-shore travel. You can find some pictures of the progress in the thread over here:

<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26636">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26636<!-- l

And a close-up of the ship design:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2659/scanlodeb.jpg

The construction was progressing well last two weeks and we have now reached almost 75% according to the plans and schedule (I am sorry, I dont have recent photos at the moment), which created the following questions and problems:

We believe it is a good time to start speculation about the name of the ship and that is one of the reasons why I am turning to you. We are looking for a name suitable for a warship and it must be a Greek word/name, no science fiction please Smile We have several potential candidates, but I am sure you are a smart bunch of guys who can come up with a lot of other interesting suggestions to consider.

Another problem is far more worrysome and essential to the construction and I am going to humbly ask you for help with its solution. The completion of the ship is severely endagered by the recent decision of the culture committee of my town, who have decided to postpone our support by one year. This sudden change, of course, created significant obstacles.

We are committed to finish the ship and start project activities this summer and thus we have decided to carry on with our own resources, even though they were very limited. It turned out they are insufficient and that leaves us completely dependent on donations. I would like to use this opportunity to kindly ask anyone with interest in the Ancient Greece and its bringing back to the modern life - if you know someone willing to support this unique and interesting project, or if you are in a position to support it, please contact me (by PM or by email: j_skupy AT yahoo DOT com) and I can send you the project proposal and all other relevant information. Every cent will be spent well and I can guarantee transparency, I will keep you all posted on the progress and you will be informed what exactly was purchased for the money you personally donate.

I want to thank you in advance for your support to the project and I hope to see you in some of the events that we plan to organise in the near future.

Kind regards,

Juraj "Lysandros" Skupy
Trierarchos
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile

Messages In This Thread
Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finished & UPDATED! - by Lýsandros - 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Re: Ancient greek bireme Hyperborea - finishing stages - by vipsania - 08-01-2009, 02:13 AM