Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burocrats gone mad!!!!!!
Ok i may sound strange but.. i cant see how an hoplite contigent would fit in a parade for 1821 revolution. Im not in favour of mixing things up like they do in american-greek or australian-greek parades. I understand that abroad they try to present a general view of Greek culture, they dont have many chances to do that. But here i cant see the relation. Its a parade for the specific event of 1821 not general presentation.

On the other hand im extremely in favour of setting certain dates, so that we can honour our ancestors struggles in various events such as reenactement of battles. I would really like school educational visits from reenactment groups and collaborations with museums.

I understand that many people here will be suprised from the reaction of the greek state in various events about antiquity. The explaination is that there are many political complexes torturing Greece. The most of them reside in the political adventures of Greece. Many oppressive regimes used ancient Greek history as a medium to pass down their political doctrines. Offcourse we have many ''allies'' that we can thank for turning Greece into protectorate but its another discussion for another forum. The fact is that there is a part of people that combine love for history with nationalistic and even extreme right wing views. That particular part plays a major role in politics today. As you understand we go from one extreme to another.
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave

Messages In This Thread
Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by hoplite14gr - 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by Matthew Amt - 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by A_Volpe - 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by hoplite14gr - 03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by PMBardunias - 03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by Demetrios - 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by jkaler48 - 03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Re: Burocrats gone mad!!!!!! - by Idomeneas - 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM