Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!!
I think that I must point out I do not wish in any way to criticize the work of Erik Konig, nor indeed any other armourer for that matter. I do also understand as Byron has pointed out that much praise was given some time ago when my copy of this helmet appeared on RAT, I do also see his point that he put Konig's work there for those who may wish to have his helmet in the future. What I think I should also mention is that I do not intend to make another copy of the "WEISENAU 369" which is the correct museum catagorization given to it when found. The name Gallic "D" was given by H.R. Robinson and I may be correct in thinking that it is Robinson's influence that appears in Konig's Helmet. With all due respect indeed to H. R. Robinson for the wonderfull work he did, I have to say that what he tells us about this helmet is misleading. This can be found when we look at the Helmet made by Konig, where I think he has followed Robinson and not Lindenschmit.
Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
Re: Check These oot, Min! New helmets from E. Konig!! - by PhilusEstilius - 11-20-2008, 11:14 AM