Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the leather muscled curiass of the later times sexier?
Quote:Put it this way. If I'm to say that a muscled leather cuirass formed the undergarment of mail that was thrown over on top. I don't have to prove it. It is simply an opinion! An idea!
If you aren't prepared to back up your hypothesis with evidence or even a sensible argument then maybe RAT is not the place for you.

Quote:Remember the 3 P's of scientific opinion. Proposition, and that's what I've made. A proposal! One can make just about any kind proposal!
Which has no place here unless it is followed up by a sound argument backed up with primary evidence or tests that can withstand a reasonable amount of scientific scrutiny.

Quote:I'll enjoy my opinion! I'm imagining regiments of later legionaries on parade, minus the chain mail. In very fashionable leather muscled cuirasses. I like my Romans to dress to dress well! :roll:
Wearing a fashionable costume is far far different to wearing functional armour. Nobody has yet to produce anything to suggest that the Romans ever wore solid leather armour.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books

Messages In This Thread
Re: Was the leather muscled curiass of the later times sexier? - by Dan Howard - 11-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muscled Cuirasses of Boiled Leather? Lindsay_Powell 16 4,760 07-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS