Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome
Interesting point David. One could never know how the numbers stack up and like I said before focusing on the number I think trivializes incredible suffering.

There is though something different. Something about how the occupation was operated. Nanking happened 8 years before the occupation of Japan began. This plus the fact that it happened in China meant that trials for the action were not going to be as extensive as those in Germany.

I believe that the Soviets conducted trials against Unit 731 but I do not know how extensive they were and if I remember right at least one member of the unit was relocated to the USA to work for the military much like German rocket scientists who should have probably spent time in prison for their use of slave labor.

Could the refusal to accept what happen be due to the simple fact that more Japanese slipped through the cracks and melted back into society than did in Germany.
Timothy Hanna

Messages In This Thread
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Timotheus - 09-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Re: German versus Japanese atrocities - and a comparison to Rome - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
OT cut-off - by Goffredo - 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  roman atrocities TFLAVIUSAMBIORIX 72 11,948 01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Caius Valens
  makes tunics and bashing pale by comparison richsc 2 1,206 05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Anonymous