Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colchester - it\'s a Centurion!
Hi Stefan,<br>
Thanks for your reply. I should have been more specific. I've read Mirjana Majnolovik-Marijanski's (Hope to have written it more or less accurately, I have not the book here! ) paper in H. Klumbach's book 'Spätrömische Gardehelme'.<br>
The level of information I'd need would be the deepest available. I feel that in the end (when time, money and familly allow) I should travel to Novi Sad to survey the helmets by myself but, for now, that is not possible (sigh! )<br>
Curiously, the information that I need more urgently concerns the silver 'propeller' belt fittings, because I've designed a complete set of fittings for a Pannonian belt based on them and I'm not very sure about if the domed features they display are concave or convex!<br>
I tried to contact the Vojvodanski Muzej by e-mail but I had no answer. New colour photos of the helmets and fittings taken by the Museum would help me, in the meantime.<br>
BTW, Did really Constantine's coins appear in the hoard?<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner

Messages In This Thread
Congratulations - by Anonymous - 06-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Re: Congratulations - by Robert Vermaat - 06-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Re: Congratulations - by aitor iriarte - 06-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Berkasovo hoard - by Anonymous - 06-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Re: Berkasovo hoard - by aitor iriarte - 06-28-2004, 05:29 AM