Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome
Salve fratres,

It was a very nice experience indeed Big Grin

I'm glad I survived those five days. Until sunday evening I had a temperature of 38+°C. I was taking antibiotics but a lack of sleep and physical exercise slowed down the recovery I guess. In the evenings I was so tired I could hardly speak Confused

It was nice to meet Byron on saturday. We spend 12 hours non stop in armour that day and the temperature was very high. I resorted to wetting my focale and wearing it like a bandana, because otherwise my brain would have been cooked.

I wore my bearskin during the complete parade and pre-parade. As if a fever and the hot Italian sun weren't hot enough :lol:

You can see me and my group marching in this movie. We're the first group in the beginning that marches past. I'm the vexilarius with the red and white pteryges.

Quote:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xQP0DI5QXNA

It was great to meet you and your wife too Ade!!

Andreas, you were on Camping Fabulous too? That's a shame, I would have liked to have met you! But like I said, I was quite ill and often only half knew what was going on aroung me.

I remember a little shouting match in the camping restaurant. It ended with the other group (Legio XX Deva Victrix, perhaps?) singing a very nice song. We'd like to have the text of that one so we can join in next time :lol

On of the girls of my group gave me the Fell boots Robin Brown made me. Sadly I didn't meet him in person. Sad

I'm looking forward to more pictures and especialy movies (because we have about 1000 pictures of the parade already Smile ).

Valete,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Messages In This Thread
Romans in Rome - by Paullus Scipio - 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - by Marcus Mummius - 04-23-2008, 04:42 PM