Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The survival rate of ancient literature
About the survival rate, based on popularity, it´s relative (I´m not sure if this means the same in English) to a continuate popularity.

That remembers me the week-end houses at the villages, usually have the books that are not popular now: "the Hollisters" "the Five" and so. books that aren´t being read hardly at all now.

When my uncle chose what books to leave in his room, he left there the best ones (for him): in his choice, Dune, Tolkien´s, Asimov´s Foundation...

Now I´m reading them. There were many books that my uncle didn´t left in his room. They are stored at the village huse. But those are not of my interest. They will remain some years more, and then, recycled.
(I hate to burn books. Apart from that "ministry of culture" scene in Indy and those reminiscences, it´s spoiling paper. We only burnt one book ever, the leaflet for the European Constitution, last winter. We said it was worth for something at least :twisted: )

sorry gone totally OT :roll: My youth doest´have still wisdom, but wit :twisted:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The survival rate of ancient literature - by Iagoba - 01-02-2008, 01:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inventory of the entire body of ancient literature Eleatic Guest 6 2,104 08-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Text Transmission: The (non)-survival of Ancient Books Julian de Vries 1 1,633 09-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Julian de Vries
  Tidal Waves or Tsunamis in Ancient Literature Eleatic Guest 29 8,604 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat