Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Roman world travel guide
Perhaps is done somewhere in RA (Still 50% to discover...well, say75%) But I thought than adding to the map some features apart than reenactment groups and military places would be very useful, such when you have to stay one day or two somewhere and you want something Roman to see:

-Museums:
Address, some interesting pieces, etc. Some museums, like armoury, military "antiquities" plus the Archaeological ones, also have roman things, and often more unknown or unresearched ones.

-Sites:
Just remains, or perhaps with museum...mosaichs...military related...

And so. If each of us does a little profile, would be a nice guide of what visit, done with people with the same interests like you. With the address, timetable, a brief description of the place, interesting artifacts...if you are very interested in seeing pugios, and anyone has written that in XXXX museum´s have got one unheard of, will worth a visit? Has the writer posted photos? Or write directly to the writer and ask him for details...

I think will be very useful in travels...and research. :wink:

God bless the Spellingcow! Big Grin
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Messages In This Thread
Proposal: Roman world travel guide - by Iagoba - 11-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposal: Guide for those new to reenacting M.H. White 17 11,552 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Proposal Open Office Roman Dictionary ? Chance1234 17 11,868 10-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Chance1234