Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I Claudius" -- New Feature Film...?
Quote:On second thought, let's cast this thing properly, with a RAT poll.

Which contemporary actor / actress should play the following roles?
Great Idea Flavius. Incidentally the Charles Laughton version was never finished and the surviving cast list does not include a Tiberius or an Augustus but Flora Robson was the aged Livia. If a new version appeared it might only depict the reign of Caligula and the early days of the reign of Claudius which cuts down the list of characters somewhat. It also makes the ages of the characters somewhat interesting and perhaps different to what we might expect. Claudius in his fifties Messalina in her mid teens etc..

My own suggestions are pretty close to those of David and Jim, perhaps we are already getting a shortlist! I also would have gone with Tim Roth or Gary Oldman for Sejanus and funnily enough there is another portrait of Caligula with sunken eyes which does look like Johnny Lee Miller!

LIVIA -- Helen Mirren

CALIGULA - Daniel Radcliffe is closer in age to the real Caligula but Christian Bale is a more experienced actor and we know he can do mad!

MESSALINA - Natalie Portman

AGRIPPINA- Monica Bellucci

CLAUDIUS - Russell Crowe He would probably love to do a Roman that was nothing like Maximus.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Messages In This Thread
I, Clavdivs - by D B Campbell - 09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Re: I, Clavdivs - by Tarbicus - 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Re: I, Clavdivs - by D B Campbell - 09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I CLAUDIUS - by Graham Sumner - 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Re: "I Claudius" -- New Feature Film...? - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Re: I, Clavdivs - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Re: I, Clavdivs - by Robert Vermaat - 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Spartacus Feature Film Narukami 12 3,063 08-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Ghostmojo
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,916 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus