Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid!
1) What gender are you?
Male

2) What is your age group?
36-45

3) What period do you portray?
Roman, First World War, Second World War

4) What role do you play?
Ususally just a soldier of some sort.

5) Why do you take part in living history activities? Which is the most important reason?
Hobby, Research and ‘Live’ the past -- definitely NOT "Educate the public"

6) Are potential ethical or moral issues something you would take into account when participating in an event?
no

7) If yes, what issues would you consider? What is the most important?
Only this. Hobby politics are total BS! I hate janitor generals and people who have no respect for others and other groups. I have found you can learn something from EVERY group out there.

8) Which would be of more importance to you in an event?
Education Entertainment neither

9) At what point would you consider an event unethical or inappropriate?
BS politics come out. "We're better than them," etc.

10) Have you any other comments?
Yeah, I like reenactors. They're cool. I like the hobby. I love the Roman era, all the way from Caesar on to say Marcus Aurelius interests me, a LOT. I love how so much is not known about this period. I like to interact with others who have the same love -- egos are NOT something I wish to deal with, that's what we have at work and inthe "real" world. How's that?
Marsh
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
survey - by Robbie Phillips - 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Re: Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid! - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 07-29-2007, 07:34 AM