Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article about the Kalkriese mask!
I would like to reply to Crispvs, by pionting out to him there are aspects of this article with which I am not happy about also. When submitted to the 11AVG some lady decided to re write certain parts, as I was told in order to correct for grammar, where the term LOTS OF becomes better than MANY or SEVERAL I realy do not know. Then it has been said that I own a fiberglass copy of the original, which of course I don't. The copy was kindly loaned to me by the Kalkriese. It would also appear that Crispvs has made a bold statement that may need qualification, ie all of the published face masks or helmets have Brass hinge arrangments. In his consideration of the brass edging of this fase mask, it might be well to point out that some of these holes are behind the level of the brass edging. This I am sure must indicate that these holes were put there before the edging, for if a sheet of silver covered the mask and was wrapped around it no holes would have been seen.
Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
Re: Interesting article about the Kalkriese mask! - by PhilusEstilius - 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kalkriese mask III - raised one Nieczar 12 3,181 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Kalkriese mask by Nieczar part II Nieczar 36 7,366 07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Nieczar
  Kalkriese mask by me Nieczar 60 12,394 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar