Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered
I don't get what all the fuss is about crucifixion. It was used by the Carthaginians during the Punic Wars on Romans, so why is there any doubt that it's pre-Christian? Or is it purely within a messiah-type religious context that you're talking about it?

Quote:(incidentially Satanists are under the 'Christian' banner, as Satan is a Christian concept - but think about the horns and goat legs for the origins of the name - or Mr. Tumnus)
But Satan's referred to by Jews, Christians and Muslims, all of the "children of Abraham" so to speak, so how can it be a Christian concept? The origins of it come from being an angel through to when it waged war in Heaven against God, and it was created by God, so it's actually a pre-Christian, Old Testament, figure. Its actions against Job attest to that.

If any changes to its "character" have happened it's my understanding that is post-Christ in the New Testament. But the song remains the same. If Satan was realised as a kind of faun then it's no surprise really as Christianity became more Romanised. It doesn't change the function, only the appearance, and its function is to cause the end of humanity to spite God and gain a victory over him by proxy as he isn't powerful enough to do so directly (he lost once).

As for Satanists themselves, they don't even seem to know the difference between Lucifer and Satan mostly :?

And no, I ain't got religion, but it is interesting.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Messages In This Thread
Rant..!!!!! - by Arthes - 07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Christianity - by Primitivus - 07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Arthes - 07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Tarbicus - 07-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-20-2006, 09:07 AM