Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered
Greetings to all...

First, there are SEVERAL books that been "appeared" these past months. "Judas' Gospel" & "Maria Magdalin's Gospel" are some of those...

This is another book, trying to "shake the waters"...

To me, I don't NEED new books to figure out what I'm whiling to believe.

I'm not thinking myself as a "classic" & "devoted" Orthodox Christian; I have MY (!) "dogma":

"HELLENISTIC CHRISTIAN".

I believe in many of Christianism's believes and I have ADD (!)... MANY Greek Philosophy's principles...
The "original" Christianic "orders"/principles wanted (and SUCCEED) to DESTROY ANY HELLENIC "element"!
For that ONLY, I hate the Christian Church!... Anyway, present Christianism HAS ALMOST NOTHING alike, with Jesus Christ's ORIGINAL preaching... The Apostles of Christ, changed/"modified" many of his words, to "fit" them in the so many different culture/nations that were preaching, these nations ALSO changed/"modified" them through time for their CHURCH's "needs" on the folk,...
... so we are getting teaching (to me), completelly unsubstantial with the originals...

About that new book, I've seen/read about a papyrus discription...

I don't really can be sure - if I'm not check my books, but HELLENES DIDN'T USE PAPYRUS... yet (in this year that they believing this papyrus is from)!

Hellenes used to write IN MARBLES and in waxed tablets or leather pieces (about the last one, remember the Spartan "counterespionage" method, of writting on a long-long leather stripe, rounded on a wooden pale and they've been send it unwrapping and ONLY a person with a SAME size/thickness pale could re-wrap it and read it...)

Also, take in mind, that GREEK language & writting was like... English in our days. A UNIVERSAL language! Even the noble Romans DIDN'T use latin to talking each other! They used Greeks! Only the low-class Romans talked latin...
(For example, in Mel Gibson's "Passion of Christ", Gibson was TOTALY wrong by having Pontius Pilatus talking to his wife in latin!!! And NOT having a GREEK discription on the Cross!)

Even the BARBARIC tribes that were start living together/near the Roman Empire or the Byzantine, they were educated in Greeks...

So...

This papyrus MAYBE not Greek...

Or, maybe is a late Greek discriprion (let say, Alexander The GREAT descendants' script; myabe a Ptolemy's script...)

Anyway... Thoughts of mine, shared with you...

Regards...
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -

Messages In This Thread
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by lupus - 07-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Rant..!!!!! - by Arthes - 07-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Christianity - by Primitivus - 07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Arthes - 07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Re: Rant..!!!!! - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Re: Europe\'s oldest book soon to be deciphered - by Anonymous - 07-20-2006, 09:07 AM