Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie
Greetings my lady...

(BTW - I JUST enter the forum since my last visit! I couldn't have any access! Serious problems in the forum's structure solved?)

Yes, indeed. When Hollywood "taking care" a film, look what happens!
What should Italians cry-out, about that... "historic" film, "Gladiator"? (Of course, I have great fan of it! I like it as a "sword-fighting film", but as a historic one? No... The opening battle-sceen, was one of the most impressive I've ever seen, though.)

Yes, I couldn't agree more, about your objection of Clooney as King Leonidas. He doesn't "fit" well in the role, I think. A... younger Son Connery would; even with the... "Highland" accent! Smile ... As I've read in many books about King Leonidas, he was probably 50-60 years old in Thermopylae's Battle! So... a "tiny" younger Son, could "pass"...

About the "Alexander" extension DVD version, I'm sorry my lady... This doesn't exist or will be! I've order a "Special Extented Edition" of a triple DVD from foreign country (was it US or UK, I can't recall well), I've got it, I've play it... and MORE "love chitchat" between Alexander & Hephestion!
Not SERIOUS extra battle-sceens, unfortunatelly...

I think, even the "ancient" and quite "poor production"... "The 300 Spartans" (1962, directed by Rudolph Mate) was better than many new epic films. Not mention "Spartacus"...

Regards my lady.
aka Romilos

"Ayet`, oh Spartan euandro... koroi pateron poliatan... laia men itin provalesthe,
...dori d`eutolmos anhesthe, ...mi phidomenoi tas zoas. Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!
"
- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -

Messages In This Thread
Re: Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie - by lupus - 07-12-2006, 08:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Hoplite Impression - was "Athenian Hoplite&quot rogue_artist 30 13,948 08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite