Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie
Khaire Lupus
Quote:I'm REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND, how a great novel like "Gates of Fire", a novel as much as accurated the writer could write it (my opinion), how THIS book "stuck" in pre-production stage, while THAT comic script SUCCEED to "pass" and become a movie!!!
I think they call it 'Hollywood'... :? Oliver Stone tried hard to make a authentic if not totally accurate movie and look what happened....!
I personally don't think George Clooney would make a good Leonidas in Gates of Fire....he doesn't have the right 'presence', I never liked him much in ER.

Quote:Even the "poor" (how he did it?) "Alexander" of O. Stone, had VERY impressive battle-sceens - I'm talking ESPECIALLY for the FIRST battle in the movie, Gaugamilla's battle! (Outstanding "bird-eye" camera-traveling, showing the "loxe" - side - formations of the Macedonian Center or the FANTASTIC representation of the "Hamippoi" unit - running along with Alexander's cavalry)...
I love the film and the Gaugamela battle scene is just incredible.....I never tire of watching it and noticing different things.. Tongue
I thought both battles were extremely well filmed, even if realistically gory - (I felt rather sick on first viewing at the cinema...) Some are hoping for an extended version of the film, with most of the extra two hours that were cut out.
I think it was more to do with the film industry and Warner Brothers than Oliver Stone...that it went rather sour for him.
[/quote]
regards
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
Re: Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie - by Arthes - 07-11-2006, 04:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Hoplite Impression - was "Athenian Hoplite&quot rogue_artist 30 14,010 08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite