Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax!
Quote:Then coat the canvas with "oil paint medium". This is a lead based whitewash with health warning stickers all over .

Please tell me you don't plan to put lead based paint on cloth that you will have next to your skin, and sweat into the cloth, and ... and ... didn't the label say something like "prolonged contact with skin is a health hazard"?
Why, exactly, do you think they put those warning labels on there? Lead is poisonous, is a cumulative poison at that (absorbed lead does not leave the body, and eventually becomes toxic, with very bad medical implications, honest!) and is nothing to fool around with. That's why it's practically outlawed and unavailable in the US. Sad

I know, you were just joking, right? Because you knew lead could be absorbed from the cloth through sweaty skin, right??
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Messages In This Thread
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Re: That\'s it, folks... I\'ll have a go at making a linothorax! - by M. Demetrius - 07-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Mooooooan - by Arthes - 07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Re: Mooooooan - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 07-16-2006, 10:31 PM