Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Italic G question
Avete!

First of all thank for the comments and suggestions.
Tarbicus/Jim:
no, the crossbands are made of two massive iron bars, made thinner at the crosspoint to help easier overlap. Maybe it's also a weakness of it?

And when I say massive I really mean it. This is the heaviest helmet I have ever seen. That's why I would like to have a carrying handle on the neckguard. It would be veeery practical!

Flavius/David:
As I mentioned above I think I will go for the carrying handle, maybe even for the tabula insata (it seems very handy - when you hold the helmet via the handle, your hand doesn't come into direct contact with the neckguard's iron surface - perfect rust prevention)

Well the armourer's name is István Sepsik.
Here is his home page: www.freeweb.hu/sepsik

Unfortunately he can't speak English, so the webpage is only available in Hungarian but with some patient you can go over all of his works (there are tons of pictures and AVI files - just use the hyperlinks).
He is a real fanatic.

Commission work? I can ask him, but as far as I know currently he is a bit overloaded.
Valete,

József Janák
Miles Gregarius
Legio I Adiutrix
Pannoniciani Seniores
Brigetio, Pannonia

Messages In This Thread
Imperial Italic G question - by Iosephus - 05-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Love it! - by FlaviusCrispus - 05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Re: Imperial Italic G question - by Tarbicus - 06-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Re: Imperial Italic G question - by Iosephus - 06-03-2006, 07:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,182 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Question of Accuracy - Imperial Helmets Caesarami 20 4,272 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Vitruvius
  Italic D question for Jurjen or anyone else ANTONIVS MAGNVS 38 6,514 03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius