Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome vs Han essay- want get some opinions
Quote:Sorry, Anthrophobia!

"Back then a monarchy does no equate with evil as they do in many countries today..."

This is how the quote should have looked like. My fault. My point was not to imply that you were anti-democratic, which i don't believe. It's just that the majority of people actually living in monarchies does not equate monarchy with evil, rather, we take pride not only in being citizens, but also being Loyal Subjects to our Soverreigns.

Were would Spanish democracy have been today without the heroic actions of His Majesty Juan Carlos, for instance?

As a staunch monarchist myself, i fully subscribe to your thesis that a strong monarch is the best alternative where the tecnology and infrastructure for real democracy is wanting.

It's ok, I misunderstood what u meant. Now that we are talking about government, I would like to point out an interesting comparison between Roman/Han government. The Roman dynasties have a much shorter length than Chinese dynasties, but each transgression from one Roman dynasty to another is far less chaotic/harmful to the nation than any Chinese dynasty, whose civil war may last more than several generations. Perhaps that could be a result of the difference between a bureaucratic theocracy and a semi-democratic oligarchy?
Rick Lee

Messages In This Thread
"The Seres" - by Eleatic Guest - 05-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Real Name Rule - by Caius Fabius - 05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Democracy - by Caius Fabius - 05-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Re: Rome vs Han essay- want get some opinions - by Anthrophobia - 05-31-2006, 02:44 AM