Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome vs Han essay- want get some opinions
Well first off I think you should go give this speech about Han superiority to the Yellow Turbans and see what they think. :lol: :lol: :lol: =P

Well anyways this is almost a completly biased argument. You almost make it sound as as if the Romans would have stood there and waited to die. Most likely the Hun crossbow men would have been out flanked by allied calvary and cut down. You are also ignoring the fact that Carrhae was a battle that should have been won and that Crassus is just a horrible general, not to mention the use of cataphract calvary by the Parthians would have unnerved any soldier. The Parthians had been fighting against Seleucid, so they had expierience fighting against slow moving armies. And in all of Rome's later battles (with ACTUAL generals) the Parthians were crushed.

Parthia also relied heavily on on deception against the Romans. Early on Parthian spies tricked Crassus into falling for trap, after trap. Using their horse archers to pin them down, Crassus sent his son and his son's gallic calvary after the horse archers who then surrounded his calvary with Horse Archers and cataphracts, butchering them. Upon doing so they placed his son's head on a spear and rode it in front of the Roman armies, unerving an already rattled Crassus. Chances are the Han wouldn't get another Crassus to fight, and if they did Rome would have sent a Pompey after them. Wink

Rome had a proffesional army for the record, and battle hardened Legions would have stood their ground much longer than Han infantry would have. If the Han infantry had tried to stand toe-to-toe with the Romans they would have been butchered.

Well that's my two-cents...now I'll just let the experts come in here and tell me how far off base I was and how innacurate all of my ranting was. :lol: =P
[size=150:1io1x0l3]"Hail Caesar! We who are about to die Salute you!"[/size]

[size=100:1io1x0l3]- Gladiatorial Salute[/size]

[size=75:1io1x0l3]Dustin[/size]

Messages In This Thread
"The Seres" - by Eleatic Guest - 05-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Re: Rome vs Han essay- want get some opinions - by First_Legionary - 05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Real Name Rule - by Caius Fabius - 05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Democracy - by Caius Fabius - 05-30-2006, 10:47 PM