Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effort points and daily life....
Greetings Magnus,
that is a very interesting and workable theory...
People are mostly taken as being able to 'deal' with certain things in life, regardless of other things that could affect their ability to do this.
(Of course, that is according to your status in life and whether you have plenty of money or servants/employees to pass the buck to .... :wink: )
If everyone was given 'effort points', depending on age, sex, health and home family conditions/comittments - properly balanced against their actual expected output during a normal month, it could solve a lot of the mental and physical stresses that cause illnesses and breakdowns.
I will give you a personal example...
I had an 'ex' who worked a 30 hour week over 3 days, at the time I worked a 7 day 50+ hour with two jobs, plus was expected to do the housework and deal with everything else..etc.
He called me 'lazy' - because whatever I did, his job was physically more demanding than mine and he 'deserved' to rest....I didn't.
The 'Effort points' system would certainly help those in a similar situation
regards
Arthes...
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
Effort points and daily life.... - by Magnus - 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Re: Effort points and daily life.... - by Arthes - 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Re: Effort points and daily life.... - by Magnus - 05-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Re: Effort points and daily life.... - by Arthes - 05-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Re: Effort points and daily life.... - by Magnus - 05-11-2006, 01:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone wear roman jewellery as daily attire? JasonNovak 6 1,785 04-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Felix Agrippa