Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were the Germans physically superior?
Quote:It's by no means way off. Tito (remember him?) supported such historical interpretations and Yugoslav nationalism existed for sure, I can tell you that.
And yes, I realise the bitter history of former Yugoslavia since the death of Tito and the resulting break-up of the country.
Also, no reason to joke about that.

Tito sloganeered bratstvo i jedinstvo, translated in English as brotherhood and unity. Such superficial slogans did not resonate with constituent peoples whom were far more nationalist about their core ethnicity, as opposed to being committed to some Yugoslav nationalism. Much like Soviet nationalism, Yugoslav nationalism needed autocratic and repressive institutionalization in order to suppress Croatian, Serbian, Slovene, Montenegrin, Bosnian Muslim, and Macedonian desires for self determination...which is why Yugoslavia ultimately fell apart.

I guess we can agree to disagree. But I am fairly confident in my observations that Yugoslavia simply never commanded real commitment. Yugoslavia was an empty and ultimately impotent nationalism, paling next to the real passions of her constituent peoples. Today only a few nostalgic people really lament the passing of Yugoslavia. Most people have long moved on with their new countries, although it is a struggle.

But as William Wallace so boldly said on Braveheart, they have FREEDOM. :wink:
Mate

Messages In This Thread
Re: - by MeinPanzer - 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Re: Re: - by Tarbicus - 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Re: - by Alanus - 04-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Re: - by SigniferOne - 05-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Re: Were the Germans physically superior? - by ImperatorMachinarum - 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Re: Were the Germans physically superior? - by Abe - 12-25-2012, 04:59 AM