Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doing theater: stage?
Those pictures of your wagon are very impressive. I wonder if the Romans did similar things, as that makes setup and the ability to move quickly to new audiences much easier.
What we in Legio XX are thinking about is doing a Plautus play at our Romandays, but I am mostly dependent upon one of our group coaxing the Univ of Md theater dept into participating. However, I have planned out a portable stage that folds down is quickly transportable, more along the lines of Prof Richard Beacham's suggestions. I designed and built our caupona using theatrical flat designs, and this is just another variation. If we do it, it will be the Roman type with three doors separated by panels and the walkway behind it for moving actors. We are dependent upon having a stage for a platform, as this wont' work on grass I think.
I will probably build and paint one door anyway, and make it a part of the caupona, but will have to make it slightly larger to accomodate a door large enough for an actor to get through easily.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Messages In This Thread
doing theater: stage? - by richard - 01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Re: doing theater: stage? - by Salvianus - 01-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Roman portable stage - by richard - 01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Re: doing theater: stage? - by Salvianus - 01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Re: doing theater: stage? - by Arthes - 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USE OF STAGE BLOOD derek forrest 13 3,291 09-17-2008, 11:38 PM