Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Osprey book about Alexander`s army in april 2006!
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:2bfmdl43 Wrote:
Comerus Gallus Romus:2bfmdl43 Wrote:BTW: Have you heard or saw the SciFi TV serie of Alexander/ Reign The Conqueror?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_(anime )
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=4323
Aaaaaaarghhhhh Confusedhock:
[b]Robert, Come oooooooonnn!!! :twisted:

May I quote?
Quote:Of course, if you think that's distracting, you should see the outfits everyone in this alternate past/future wears. The women seem to wear as little as possible... and the men even less. (You only think I'm joking.) Reign definitely isn't the kind of animé that's afraid of showing some skin. In fact, it goes well beyond that; this show doesn't seem afraid to depict overt sexuality of any stripe. (Which probably goes some ways towards explaining TOKYOPOP's rating label of 'Older Teen, Age 16+' on the DVD case.)

For an example of this, you need look no further than the first few minutes of the show, where we see the nude Olympias doing something very dodgy with a huge snake in the birthing pool just prior to Alexander's arrival. (Alexander himself feels he's overdressed if he goes out on the town in more than a codpiece and some body paint. Oh, alright... it's body 'armour', but seeing as it leaves most of his body uncovered, I don't see much point to it.) Here really is a series that revels in its own salacious nature. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing... but it is a bit giggle-worthy when you have a show that is taking itself so seriously plot-wise only to have practically every character - right up to the King - prancing about it next to nothing.

So, I'll repeat my stance: Aaaaaaarghhhhh Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
Re: New Osprey book about Alexander`s army in april 2006! - by Robert Vermaat - 01-29-2006, 11:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Book on Roman Army - Die Armee der Caesaren jho 11 4,908 05-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: jho
  The Army of Herod the Great; (New Osprey) alanhuffines 17 5,234 10-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great
  New Osprey Book about Centurions Narukami 11 4,382 03-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio