Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries
The effect ??

Well. surprisingly little pain when it went through. I reached down to pull it out but it fell out as I lifted my leg.

I then got flattened by the chap who threw it and they pinned me down until they could get me in a car to AandE.

No pain for maybe a couple of hours, but complete and utter revulsion at the hole in my leg with bits of muscle hanging out, and then the shock wore off and it REALLY hurt. One operation later and I was on crutches for a couple of weeks and then limping for a bit. Still aches a bit in cold weather and I lost any sprinting speed.

My opinion is that if such a thing happened on the battlefield and it missed your main artery (like mine did) then you'd probably be able to continue with all the adrenaline etc and ony suffer afterwards.

It does however teach us that a sharp weapon , and ours wasn't razor sharp, would easily go right through your average unarmoured bloke.

[size=150:1nectqej]John Nash[/size]
http://www.vicus.org.uk
Romans and Britons wot fight ........

Messages In This Thread
Foolish? No Worse... - by rusty myers - 11-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by madoc - 12-05-2005, 10:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Liabilities for Spectator Injuries Lucius Cornelius Traianus 7 2,514 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs