Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries
Khairete,

I am not surprised to see most responses calling me foolish. Well, that is to be expected when I only tell about my failures and screw ups. This thread was intended to be a humorous look at our mishaps, not a glamorous look at our strengths and triumphs.

I did not go into the other stunts I have pulled off successfully due to my elaborate safety precautions. But you are all right, there are times when I recklessly endanger myself. However, I do just that, endanger MYSELF, nobody else. And as far as lives go, mine is not worth much, as you might agree. I don't have much to lose by dying, and I wouldn't really be missed. "Let the months and the years come, they can take nothing from me, they can take nothing more."

Whenever I carry a loaded gun, I make sure that it never points even in the general direction of people, even if there is a wall or a great distance between me and them. I don't worry so much about my house and materials, as that is all they are. When handling napalm, gunpowder, and other explosive/incendiary devices I am either alone or a safe distance away from my compatriots. They give their input, and I carry it out.

Boken practice is about as dangerous as football practice, or any other martial arts practice for that matter, sometimes people get hurt. Besides, part of re-enactment is experiencing the anxiety and adrenaline of a hazardous situation.

As for drunken gladius combat? Well, you've got me there. :lol: :wink:

Khairete,

-Aedon
Felix Lucini

It will not be long before you have forgotten all the world, and in a little time all the world will have forgotten you.

Messages In This Thread
Foolish? No Worse... - by rusty myers - 11-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Aedon - 11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Re: Craziest Re-Enactment stunts or injuries - by Anonymous - 12-03-2005, 10:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Liabilities for Spectator Injuries Lucius Cornelius Traianus 7 2,514 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs