Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions about Deepeeka helmets?
Salve again!

I have been interested in 3th century helmets for a while. It seems that Deepeeka Niederbieber helmet is a fairly accurate one compared to their other models of that particular era, at least I have one museum photo which looks quite like it (of course it has those usual flaws, but "the risk is acceptable", as late Maximus said :wink: .

The usual problems with the Deepeeka helmets are that they are "one size, fits no one". Usually the Deepeeka helmets are too wide at least for me, leaving too much room between the cheekpieces and wearers temples.

Now to my point:
Is it possible to squeeze the helmet somehow so it would be more close-fitting? Nothing looks as silly as a too wide bucket-like helmet and those 3th century helmets seemed to be quite close-fitting. Is it also possible to squeeze the whole helmet without removing the cheekpieces (the pins in the cheekpiece-hinges can possibly be quite difficult to remove on that model).

www.drachenschmiede.de seems to be the cheapest place to order this kind of helmet, any opinions of their service?

Many thanks in advance!

Virilis Finlandicus
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]

Messages In This Thread
Opinions about Deepeeka helmets? - by Virilis - 11-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Re: Opinions about Deepeeka helmets? - by Crispvs - 11-14-2005, 01:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Niederbieber helmets NBhelm23 0 198 08-03-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: NBhelm23