Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy Tricks in Roman Army
Oh boy, playing tricks was one of my favs. I have 2 lists, here, cruel tricks (things we did to people we didn't like), and funny tricks (ones you do to your buddy)<br>
<br>
<span style="text-decoration:underline">Cruel Tricks</span><br>
<br>
- urinating in the guy's canteen (or water flask)<br>
- lining the inside of the helmet (or liner) with camo paint. In ancient times. one could use a variety of substances. When the helmet is taken off, they have a new hair colour.<br>
- gluing the sword to the scabbard.<br>
- making minute slits in the caligae lacing leathers, so when a lot of force is applied to the sandle, the leathers split, effectively "blowing a shoe".<br>
- Making a cut near the fulcrum of the marching stick, so when it is slung over the shoulder with a decent amount of weight, it will break in 2.<br>
<br>
<span style="text-decoration:underline">Funny Tricks</span><br>
<br>
- making a giant knot out of a soldier's linen tunic, thus producing massive amounts of wrinkles.<br>
- hiding stones or other weights in their martching satchel.<br>
- coating their bum wiping sponge with some kind of hot substance, like pepper extracts.<br>
- Hiding a piece of meat or cheese in the martching satchel of buddy, right before a 30 mile march in the hot weather.<br>
- Boiling buddy's caligae in water, the night before a march, so when he goes to put them on, they are 5 sizes too small.<br>
- remove the shoulder padding of the subarmalis and replace with 2 pieces of meat.<br>
<br>
I'll save my actual tricks that I did to my buddy's for another thread.<br>
<br>
<p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
New Guy Tricks in Roman Army - by rekirts - 02-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Re: New Guy Tricks in Roman Army - by Anonymous - 02-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Re: New Guy Tricks in modern Army - by Anonymous - 02-14-2003, 06:12 AM
Re: New Guy Tricks in modern Army - by Anonymous - 02-14-2003, 06:30 AM