Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary
Can't believe I missed this.

If you're going for late 4th century you'll definitely want a belt that's specific to the British Isles in style, like the Horse buckle belts e.g. the one from Chepestow.

For shoes you'll want a set of Campagi. Medievaldesign makes some, but Knierem's are almost the same price and are a little better.

The Deepeeka Feltwell Spatha is... fine... I just wish they'd update it with a shallow fuller and re-do the guard. I need to find out who Gagan's working with and get those fixed. That or have him can it for an Osterburken-Kemathen type.

Medievaldesign's stuff is good for starting out, but you'll want to make a white linen Kamision to go under your Tunic as well. Don't get those CelticWebMerchant Thorsbergs, you need proper, tight-fitting, footed trousers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary - by Flavivs Aetivs - 08-25-2019, 05:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier of Late 3rd/4th C Roman Legionary Shoes Antoninus05 2 1,553 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  Late 2nd Century Legionary Infantry Caius Valens 22 5,367 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Tib. Gabinius