Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control
(11-28-2016, 04:26 PM)Bryan Wrote: Ancient historians actually wrote down the depth of Roman lines quite often, Michael J. Taylor, who commented in this thread (which you ignored) has written academic articles that specifically describe how deep they fought in numerous battle. So its not necessary to use modern riots to try to figure out how Romans fought.

Did I miss it? I've checked,on this thread and recent postings by "Michael J. Taylor" and he doesn't mention line depth at all in this thread and I can't see anything else obvious.

Did you intend to put a link to another thread and if so which?

I've also read extensively on the subject of line depth and it is not as clear cut as you suggest.

So the question still remains: what do those who have been part of riot control think is the appropriate depth of a Roman line.
Oh the grand oh Duke Suetonius, he had a Roman legion, he galloped rushed down to (a minor settlement called) Londinium then he galloped rushed back again. Londinium Bridge is falling down, falling down ... HOLD IT ... change of plans, we're leaving the bridge for Boudica and galloping rushing north.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project- Influences of Roman military on modern day riot control - by MonsGraupius - 11-28-2016, 06:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Influences over pc/modern warfare/military Michael Hill 5 2,927 06-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Frank
  Roman military tactics in modern riots? Epictetus 15 6,754 01-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Thomas Aagaard
  MODERN DAY ARMY AND ROMAN INFLUENCES Anonymous 12 8,384 02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Anonymous