Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Julius Caesar ever wounded in battle?
The reason I asked is that-well given the proximity he was to his enemies in the field of battle I am utterly amazed that no scratch or wound is ever documented in his or other writings? (Commentarii de Bello Gallico and Commentarii de Bello Civili [all english translations-hardbook and KINDLE])
Battle of Alesia he rides close to his legions to give encouragement.

[attachment=12762]TWRII_CIG_Campaign_Alesia.jpg[/attachment]

Battle of Munda he is in the thick of it to rally his men
[attachment=12759]Munda.jpg[/attachment]

At the debacle at Dyrrhachium-not even a scratch-Though his bodyguard step into protect him from a panicked legionnaire.
[attachment=12758]CeasarandGermanicBodyguard.jpg[/attachment]

The coin image supposedly shows scars from neck wounds. I am unfamiliar with how he got neck wounds. Yet a GOOGLE search does uncover several Julius Caesar profiles with these scars?/furrows?/ sinew? If you input Julius Caesar coin in GOOGLE search.
[attachment=12760]caesardictquart_boston.jpg[/attachment]

Maybe not being wounded led to his fatal hubris at being untouchable.
[attachment=12761]HBORome3.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-Rod Dickson

Messages In This Thread
Was Julius Caesar ever wounded in battle? - by Rod Dickson - 09-06-2015, 11:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were Pirates Such a Threat it Took a Military Genius Like Julius Caesar to Beat Them? Wrangler29 1 197 06-05-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Crispianus
  First evidence for Julius Caesar's invasion of Britain discovered kavan 1 1,345 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Location of Caesar's decisive battle against Cassivellaunus tikeshe 2 1,538 01-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: tikeshe