Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
research for historical novel. Two questions
Quote:Sorry I was out getting things sorted out for uni (I'm Australian, so I finally start in March after doing my HSC over three years and a bridging course last year) so I didn't see the posts until I came back.

Quote: If you wish, send me a PM and I can email a PDF of a historical novel written in the omnipotent style.

Alan, thanks for the offer. I chose the first-person perspective because it helps me get into the head of one particular character. also, I'm willing to let you or someone else read it once it's done, if you want. Smile If anyone is interested in reading it eventually, send me a PM.

On the object he's holding: Several descriptions of the statue describe him holding a bow and arrow, but I honestly can't see that. I can, though, see a bracer and shooting glove on his hand.

Question: Was the revolt in Sepphoris in 4 BCE a crisis?

And also a note on the unlikelihood of Pantera being a slave. Obviously slaves were legally prohibited from enlisting the Roman army, but I've read a number of sources that suggest even though new recruits were interviewed about their legal status during the probatio, it was very difficult to prove that a recruit was definitely freeborn because people often didn't have records of their own births. Of course this doesn't make it more likely or likely at all that he wasn't freeborn.
The road goes ever on

Messages In This Thread
research for historical novel. Two questions - by Anne Ching - 02-18-2015, 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research questions for a book Kate Quinn 22 4,857 12-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Paul Elliott