Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit.
On the contrary. If you have a hamata that is too big then it is too heavy for no reason. A hamata should fit you if only to keep the weight down.

I bought a 6mm hamata directly from Al-Hamdd and I am also 38". The first one he sent was too small, the second one fits nicely but it is snug with the subarmalis. Its a nice product at a reasonable price. Just make sure he has it in stock or you will be waiting for it a long time. Not many of us have the time or patience to make our own so usually we end up buying Hamata's. As I said before almost everything else with the exception of a helmet can be made.

I've found it can be very frustrating dealing with companies in India. If I can't make something myself I tend to buy from one of their distributors who has stock in hand. You pay more but I find it less stressful.

A good start would be to join a group and see the items in hand up close and personal, both what was bought off the shelf and what was hand made. You'll also be able to perhaps buy someone else's stuff or at least try it on for fit. There's always kit floating around.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony

Messages In This Thread
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit. - by Jay - 12-19-2014, 05:15 AM